Menu

Amazon books and copyright dates, ISBNs?

SorrelZG

I've been ordering books for next year in preparation for moving in a couple of months. A lot of books I've been able to get through Amazon used while still picking up the free shipping bonus. However, multiple books now have come in and the one in my hand is not the same edition as the one advertised on the screen I ordered from. It says right there at the time of the screen, "Instant Order Update ..." and yet the date, and occasionally even the ISBN, do not match. I thought I was misunderstanding and went through old orders to a book I KNOW I intentionally purchased an older edition of and it does specifically ONLY show the Instant Order Update message on the page for the exact edition I ordered. Several of the books I wouldn't care about if I wasn't already working so hard to not be irritated over the science and geography books I ordered PRECISELY because they were the newest editions as indicated on the page I ordered from.

Has Amazon stopped caring about such small details as copyright dates and ISBNs? This is more, in one month, that has gone wrong with an Amazon order than has ever happened in the years I've been using Amazon. Someone please speak soothing words to me to help me think clearly and not give into the temptation to respond in a very undignified manner.