Menu

Treating Dehydration

SBMama

DD6 has had the stomach flu (only vomiting) since Saturday. She was seen by the pediatrician on Monday, because she had been vomiting 48 hours straight by that point. They said that she was "pretty dehydrated" and prescribed Zofran. If the vomiting did not stop, we were to take DD to the ER. She stopped vomiting after the first dose. She did not vomit yesterday and has only vomited once today. She looks and acts better today. Her lips are full again instead of all dried out. She has even been getting up off of the couch to play. The problem is that she doesn't want to drink and has only been urinating about 2 times a day since Saturday. I have been trying to push her to drink, but she is just taking sips here and there. She will not even eat a popsicle. I called the pediatrician's office today and the nurse said to taker her to the ER. I will take her if she needs to go, but she looks and acts so much better than she did on Monday. I don't want to go and have them do nothing but send us home.