Menu

So who's going to the GHC convention in Greenville (March)?

Anybody going to this in Greenville this March?

While we've been homeschooling for a few years now, this will be my first of these... and I'm not going to lie - I'm excited. Lol.

My one pet peeve? Absolutely NO Catholic publishers. Nada. Zilch. That will seriously limit what I can/do/will purchase, but I still want to peek at Memoria Press for my rising Kindergartner.

Not sure...it's the same weekend as my DS6's birthday...might to the other one in Spartanburg which is in May, I think, simply for the timing...most vendors are the same, I think, and Tim Tebow's mom is a speaker...would love to hear her :). I don't get too much into the whole controversy on this one vs that one, and just go to the one that I can get the most from personally :).

We will be going briefly. I'm not sure if it'll just be a day trip or not. I enjoyed seeing SWB a few years ago and MCT.

I expect I'll try to see MCT again and we'll be looking at the Rainbow Resource display.

Is it worth the entrance fee to just go for a few hours? I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay with all the kids in tow and if I leave the youngest back at home, I'll have to leave after a few hours (he exclusively nurses).

Is it worth the entrance fee to just go for a few hours? I'm not sure how long I'll be able to stay with all the kids in tow and if I leave the youngest back at home, I'll have to leave after a few hours (he exclusively nurses).

If you're going to look at the exhibit hall, I'd think it would be pretty tricky with a group of kids. I'm going mainly so my son can take a look at some different possibilities we can use next year. If there are some speakers who interest you, it can be worth going to see them. Unfortunately there aren't enough for me. We're definitely non religious, so that limits what is useful there. My husband walked out of a session he attended because it was too misogynistic for him :)

But I'm going for MCT and the exhibit hall. But I'm going with a 10 yo. It would have been hard to look with him when he was 8. DH kept him entertained.

They do have a kids program, but I don't know much about it.

If there are exhibitors or speakers that you really want to see, it may be worth it.

If you're going to look at the exhibit hall, I'd think it would be pretty tricky with a group of kids. I'm going mainly so my son can take a look at some different possibilities we can use next year. If there are some speakers who interest you, it can be worth going to see them. Unfortunately there aren't enough for me. We're definitely non religious, so that limits what is useful there. My husband walked out of a session he attended because it was too misogynistic for him :)

But I'm going for MCT and the exhibit hall. But I'm going with a 10 yo. It would have been hard to look with him when he was 8. DH kept him entertained.

They do have a kids program, but I don't know much about it.

If there are exhibitors or speakers that you really want to see, it may be worth it.

I don't think there are speakers I want to see. It appears to be a protestant convention with a few secular choices (not that there's anything wrong with that!). We're Catholic. I'm there for the secular options in the exhibit hall I'm not sure who the speakers are, but I doubt it would be something I'm interested in.

Last year, as it got closer to the date the convention was opening, they were doing $10 for access to only the exhibit hall. I think that is what I'll do this year, I'm really not into all the speakers and classes at this point.

That would be great! I'm not really into speakers or classes either. I wondered why they didn't have a separate entrance fee just for those going to the exhibit.

I'm planning to go at this point but I'm a bit disappointed in the speaker line-up this time (I'm still a HS newbie so I like the seminars!). If they offer the $10 for the exhibit hall I'll definitely do that but I'm waiting to see the full seminar list before I sign up for the whole thing.

I will be in Greenville the same weekend for a gymnastics competition. If they offer the $10 option, I might go to pick up a few things I would have to pay shipping for. I have gone the last 2 years and have not loved the speakers. I am a Christian, but I do not homeschool because of that. I would prefer workshops about education and not so much religious ideals. Iguess I will wait and see if they offer the vendor hall only option.

I will be in Greenville the same weekend for a gymnastics competition. If they offer the $10 option, I might go to pick up a few things I would have to pay shipping for. I have gone the last 2 years and have not loved the speakers. I am a Christian, but I do not homeschool because of that. I would prefer workshops about education and not so much religious ideals. Iguess I will wait and see if they offer the vendor hall only option.

If I go, it'll only really be for the vendors. Otherwise, I'm hitting up the catholic homeschool convention in GA in April to see catholic vendors and hear their speakers.

This will be my third year going. I am also Catholic. There are a great number of speakers and topics that I purposefully avoid (more so last year than the year before) but I still have a full docket of excellent workshops to attend. There are many speakers who speak on classical and academic topics, I often have only a few open slots for the exhibit hall.