Menu

What do use after First Lang. Lessons 4

prissygirls

I'm doing Hake 5 next year with my dd. I waded through several curricula, including BJU, R&S, Shurley, MCT (that one is tempting), and I think Hake seems the most similar to FLL. FLL has worked so well for us, and both DDs doing it love grammar. I, too, was very disappointed there were no other installments.

I just logged on here today for the first time in FOREVER to ask the same question. I am heartbroken that FLL 4 is the last one. I looked at Rod and Staff, because that is what my version of WTM suggests, but I wonder if Susan Wise Bauer has newer advice for us. I loved that FLL was consumable and the way she teaches the concepts makes it so fun and easy to understand. We have about 15 lessons left in FLL 4 and I don't know what to do. BTW MCT is SO not my style and I can't imagine switching to that after 4 years of FLL.

Also, from the excerpts I can see, both Hake and RS seem to cover the same things at the same level as FLL 4, so I am not even sure which level to choose if I did get one of those.