Menu

My kids (and I) are loving this math!

momsuz123

We bought Simply Charlotte Mason math - pet store and our kids are loving it. They are so excited to do it every morning. Just thought I would mention this to you all if haven't heard about it. Any of you who know anything else similiar to this please let me know!! They have a book store and a sporting good store too. We are still doing our other math, but my kids think of this as pure fun. YAY!!

You need to click on "Your Business Math." Here's a direct link: http://simplycharlot...-business-math/

I'm getting it for my girls to do as a supplement. They'll use a calculator to do the math part, and I'm okay with that because the purpose - at least for us - is to give them a chance to see how math is used in the real world and how a simple business is operated.

I'm interested in the other book listed: Mathematics, an Instrument for Living Teaching. Has anyone used that one?

The link takes me to Mathematics: an instrument for living teaching...is that the book you meant? No mention of pet store. The one your kids love sounds like it has a much more fun title :)

It is the book next to that one...the business math one, click on it and you'll see what I am talking about. My kids love it. Best $30 I spent, so far.

Dear friends,

Please stop posting such cute curriculum ideas. I'm having enough trouble with low-spend January as it is!! ;)

Seriously, though... I really like the look of this. We're about to finish a level of MM, and it might be a nice break before diving in again.

It is the book next to that one...the business math one, click on it and you'll see what I am talking about. My kids love it. Best $30 I spent, so far.

So, did you purchase the printed version then? I love the idea of this, but I wish I knew which version is best to buy. I'd like the ebook version if it could be used on an iPad w/minimal printing necessary. If not, I may as well spring for the print version. Any advice?

We bought Simply Charlotte Mason math - pet store and our kids are loving it. They are so excited to do it every morning. Just thought I would mention this to you all if haven't heard about it. Any of you who know anything else similiar to this please let me know!! They have a book store and a sporting good store too. We are still doing our other math, but my kids think of this as pure fun. YAY!!

This looks great....thanks for sharing! Is this something that is good to get as a set, and work through each one....or do you just pick one?

You asked if there is something similar....I know of some fun workbooks from Remedia....not sure how they exactly compare to this Pet Store but I am sure they are probably lighter.

Menu Math for Beginners

Market Math for Beginners

Department Store Math for Beginners

Market Math

Department Store Math

Menu Math Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor (addition/subtraction)

Menu Math Old Fashioned Ice Cream Parlor (multiplication/division)

Menu Math Hamburger Hut (addition/subtration)

Menu Math Hamburger Hut (multiplication/division)

Drive-Thru Math Math Beginning Money Skills

Drive-Thru Menu Math Add & Subtract Money

Drive-Thru Menu Math Multiply & Divide Money

Shopping Mall Math & Shop Around the Town

Rainbow Resource has the Drive-Thru books a bit cheaper.

Thanks AprilMay! Oh, I just love it when my girls are having so much fun they don't know it is "school". I just bought the hard copy of the Pet Store so far. My kids are already asking about the other too, but for now, we will work on this one. Maybe do another one next year if it keeps going well. :)