Menu

Dukan Diet - Anyone else starting soon?

WIS0320

I would love to lose 10-15 pounds! I'm already eating a mostly primal diet (although not for the past two weeks :o), so from what I've just read, it seems like I would be somewhat prepared? Hmm....I'll consider it...

ETA: not eating fruit will be SO hard!

I did Dukan when the book first came out in the U.S., which coincided with getting ready for SIL's wedding. It is great for a "quick fix" IMHO but I can't stick to it long-term like I can South Beach or Sonoma.

After New Year's I'm planning on trying a homemade version of the Blue Print Cleanse.

How long are you making your attack phase?

3 days. Dukan and I have a different idea of what my goal weight should be. I prefer to be about 5 lbs. lighter than they recommend and have stayed at that particular weight for most of my adult life (when not pregnant). I've just eaten too many high calorie foods and had too much wine in the last year and the pounds crept on!

3 days. Dukan and I have a different idea of what my goal weight should be. I prefer to be about 5 lbs. lighter than they recommend and have stayed at that particular weight for most of my adult life (when not pregnant). I've just eaten too many high calorie foods and had too much wine in the last year and the pounds crept on!

I also did the true weight calculator thingy and it told me I should weigh five more pounds than my goal weight. It said that my attack phase should be 2 days.

Anyway, I decided to just do a modified Whole30 instead. This diet seemed too boring for me. I just don't think I could stand it, sorry.