Menu

Meal Ideas for Family in Need

Carrie75

I have seen posts similar to what what I am looking for here, but I couldn't find them in my seach efforts, so forgive me if this was just recently asked.

I have a good friend who is having surgery next week and I want to sign up to bring them a meal on their meal train. She has three boys, 10, 8, and 6. The older two are very active and eat a lot!

Her husband and mother in law will also be there, so 3 adults and 3 kids total. My friend is a vegatarian but will eat fish and shellfish, all others eat meat except pork.

Any ideas?

I was thinking a hearty soup but I'm not sure of the best way to deliver that.

Soup and bread are always good and easily rewarmed as needed. I usually bring soup in a big disposable container (like Gladware).

Sandwich fixings might work well too. Rolls/bread, meat, cheese, veggies, condiments, chips, cookies, etc. Everyone can build to their own specs and pull out as needed. Same with taco fixings--tortillas, beans, meat, salsa, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, avocado, etc.

HTH!