Menu

Dr. Hive - weird sore throat

gardenmom5

I posted this question just before the board went down again. :toetap05:

I received one reply and was just making an update when I started getting server error messages. So, here is the update in case anyone remembered actually reading it before it went away into the ether.

anyway - after typing up my symptoms, reading them objectively and thinking - those really are very weird symptoms, I wonder if it's an allergic reaction to the dental cement I used to pop my temporary crown back on on sunday? (yeah, because of COURSE I would have dental emergency over christmas!) My dentist looked at it yesterday, and since it was firm we were just going to wait until the permanent crown came in.

I've never heard of eugenol, but apparently some people are allergic to it and it was in the temp cement. after doing some internet reading, there were some similarities to my symptoms. fortunately, my crown came in, and they put it on today so the temp cement with eugenol is now out of my mouth .

I did call my Dr - but it was the same time as the dentist, so I chose dentist first and will see the dr tomorrow.

I don't know for sure if it was an allergic reaction (but there is a blood test available for it) or just a strange virus. Oh, I also popped some benadryl when I became aware of the possible allergy connection. except that stuff puts me to sleep. dh got to drive me around.. ;p