Menu

2012 Yearly Review

laughing lioness

I just posted A Very Good Year: 2012 Yearly Review.

Anyone else? I'm planning on posting some of my 2013 goals and projects in a separate post. It's always nice to go back and see what DID get done- kwim?

I'm working on them ... I do one per child and one for all of us. I have one child's done and haven't started the others ...

I appreciate the kick in the pants :) You know you're one of my favorites!

We had a crazy year including escaping foreclosure by a few days, welcoming my first nephew, some painful church relationships and splits, a cross state move, getting pregnant with #7, starting our third CC year, second son being diagnosed with leukemia in September, and doing the best we can to press on and be productive in the midst of cancer treatments, lots of little people, and a pregnant mommy. Academically we FINISHED our year in September, including our summer science plans (though we skipped several of the experiments) and we are about a quarter of the way through the current year (several weeks behind schedule unfortunately). My daughter started therapy for her learning disability which has rocked our world (in a rough way) and I am trying to adjust accordingly. But we have a beautiful house (as dirty as it may currently be), a loving family and friends, 5 healthy kids, a sweet baby on the way, and 1 who is is responding excellently in all ways to his cancer treatments. I have a Savior who has promised never to leave me or forsake me and I have a husband who has been amazing through all of this! I am counting my blessings and the ability to constantly adjust our homeschool to fit our life needs and grateful for the priceless time I have to be refined and pruned through the teaching and discipling of all these eternal souls around me.

I'm working on them ... I do one per child and one for all of us. I have one child's done and haven't started the others ...

I appreciate the kick in the pants :) You know you're one of my favorites!

Thanks, Dawn! "Back at you" sounds so lame, but it's true, too!!

We had a crazy year including escaping foreclosure by a few days, welcoming my first nephew, some painful church relationships and splits, a cross state move, getting pregnant with #7, starting our third CC year, second son being diagnosed with leukemia in September, and doing the best we can to press on and be productive in the midst of cancer treatments, lots of little people, and a pregnant mommy. Academically we FINISHED our year in September, including our summer science plans (though we skipped several of the experiments) and we are about a quarter of the way through the current year (several weeks behind schedule unfortunately). My daughter started therapy for her learning disability which has rocked our world (in a rough way) and I am trying to adjust accordingly. But we have a beautiful house (as dirty as it may currently be), a loving family and friends, 5 healthy kids, a sweet baby on the way, and 1 who is is responding excellently in all ways to his cancer treatments. I have a Savior who has promised never to leave me or forsake me and I have a husband who has been amazing through all of this! I am counting my blessings and the ability to constantly adjust our homeschool to fit our life needs and grateful for the priceless time I have to be refined and pruned through the teaching and discipling of all these eternal souls around me.

STM4HIM- You have had an amazing and challeging year. Thank- you for posting this beautiful testimony to hope and love!

My goals for 2013 are to be more consistent doing structured school and staying with our curriculum choices. I have a big problem with hopping around. At least I can admit it and that's the first step to recovery, right?

Admission is the first step of recovery :001_smile: .

I'm coming into a semester of switching around alot and trying things as they come up and then still doing our core classes- because of an awesome opportunity- but it means that I'll have curriculum to be using with my kids, along with our regularly scheduled programming. I'm actually a bit nervous about managing it but I'm going with the adage that "what you measure you manage." I'm going to make a spreadsheet for myself (I am so seriously not a type A) but I think it's going to be the only way to manage it. My hope is that if I can manage it, it will actually be a bonus for all of us- my 9yo craves variety and challenge and my 12 yo craves routines and is a get 'er done guy.

Have you looked at WWS I? I taught a group this fall- ages 11- 15, and it worked for all of them. It's a great program, ( not perfect but pretty great!).

And yes, so grateful for dh's good job!! (he is with a group right now that rocks!)