Menu

Lanrdy academy? Hits, misses, reviews, links to reviews....

I have credits for 2, semester classes next year and was wondering if anyone had any advice on what to expect, or which classes to consider and/or avoid.

I am not married to any one class I want to farm out, and I am pretty sure I will skip any science class (We are a secular family) although if presented right we might consider a Marine Biology or something.

My kids will be 13 & 15 next year. Both capable of upper high school content, but not HS output...yet.

Just post whatever you want. I assimilate all info and use as I need. Plus, someone else might benefit as well.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

We are also secular homeschoolers, but the only two classes we've taken at Landry have been science classes - go figure. Each of my older girls has taken Pre-Physics. It is geared toward 7-9th graders, so perhaps too young for your kids. It was solid and had no religious content, though the book they used was Christian. We've also taken (and loved) live online classes via The Potter's School. It is decidedly more religious, but it wasn't a problem for our purposes. We've taken and English and foreign language classes through TPS (I'm certain their science classes would be problematic for a secular homeschooler). Hope you get some other responses, as I'd like to hear more Landry courses reviewed.