Menu

Has anyone done MOH 1 and SOTW1 together?

Love Home

I already bought MOH1 for next year (4th) grade. I chose this history because we agree with the young earth view, however I was thinking about also adding SOTW to round out the course. I came across this schedule to incorporate both: www.redshift.com/~bonajo/sotwmoh.htm

Has anyone tried this schedule (or another one that you can suggest)? Did you find that they went together well or do you think it would be best just to stick with MOH? My dd has only had some American history up till now so this will all be new (except for the Bible history part).

Thanks!

Have you checked out Biblioplan? They have a schedule for integrating those two spines for Year One, as well as others and readers to go with them, called their Family Guide. (We're doing Year Three of Biblioplan at the moment, and own neither MOH nor SOTW, so I can't speak to your specific issue.)

It all depends on how much work you want done for you, and how much you're willing to do yourself.

I've use both but at separate times. Personally, I think it would be too much for me to have tried to do both during the same year. If I were going to do so, I might get the audio book of SOTW and just listen to it in the car. That way it wouldn't cut into your school time during the day.