Menu

good gift for someone going on a trip

redsquirrel

my mom's birthday is in early January, so I have to get her gift ready before Christmas. Right after Christmas she is going on a trip to a warm island. I am really happy for her, and want her to have a wonderful time.

I was thinking that a nice early birthday gift might be a few things for her trip. I did get her a soft thin shawl to keep her warm on the plane, but can't think of anything else. I was thinking maybe some warm footie type socks?

Warm socks would be nice. Is it US island? If so, then stamps and a pen would be thoughtful gifts to include. If it's a foreign island, then maybe a little pouch to hold her boarding passes and passport.

I'd also include a bottle of sunscreen for sure! Maybe a sun hat too?

When my parents went on their cruise this summer (for their retirement!), all of us kids got together and had them upgraded to a suite. Could you call her hotel and see if they don't have something you could do as a surprise to have waiting for her when she arrived? Maybe an upgrade? A bottle of wine? A small gift basket? Most resorts would do something like that!

Guest inoubliable

One of those cooling scarves? I can't remember what they're called. My mom and dad came back from their first trip to the Caribbean and said they HAD to find those before they went back again. Sitting on the beach for hours or taking hiking/walking tours can really heat you up!