Menu

2nd/3rd gread grammar

angelmama1209

We have been using FLL and it has been working well for us. I am just looking at where we are and where we're going. Are FLL 3 and 4 similar to 1 and 2? I don't even know what else is out there. I'm thinking maybe something with worksheets may be beneficial to cement things. Maybe as a supplement?

What grammar do YOU use? How do you like it? How does it compare to FLL? Could it supplement FLL? Could we switch to it from FLL? Just trying to gather as much info as I can. :D

Thanks!

I don't know much about FLL 3&4 besides that they are different from 1&2 in that they involve a workbook. Rod and Staff English 3 is also highly recommended in the WTM (book) as an option to follow FLL 1&2 (minus the writing/composition if you have a separate writing program).

We started with FLL 2 and I liked it, BUT my ds did not. It bored him to death, so we switched to Kiss grammar. Very different approach, but we are giving it a shot. So far no complaints from ds. Its quick and painless. Since we are not graduates of it, I can't tell you if it works, but we are planning to stick with it. Did I mention it is free?!