Menu

Dd always manages to surprise me

acurtis75

Dd7 just took our state exam for reading comprehension for 8th graders. She got 45 out of 48 answers correct. (This was last year's test so the the test and answers are available online) I expected her to do reasonably well but according to the score report out of 30 thousand eighth graders in our state only 2 percent score high enough for commendation with a score of 788. Her score was 850.

We really just did this for fun to have something different for schoolwork today. She loves reading and enjoyed the process. I'm waffling between thinking the test must be too darn easy and an indictment on our public schools and thinking dd is really that smart. We're going to do writing and math later this week so we'll see how that goes. I just picked 8th grade because it was the last pre-high school level and I figured she could do reasonably well. For writing and math I think we're going to do 5th grade.

Dd7 just took our state exam for reading comprehension for 8th graders. She got 45 out of 48 answers correct. (This was last year's test so the the test and answers are available online) I expected her to do reasonably well but according to the score report out of 30 thousand eighth graders in our state only 2 percent score high enough for commendation with a score of 788. Her score was 850.

That's awesome!

We really just did this for fun to have something different for schoolwork today. She loves reading and enjoyed the process. I'm waffling between thinking the test must be too darn easy and an indictment on our public schools and thinking dd is really that smart. We're going to do writing and math later this week so we'll see how that goes. I just picked 8th grade because it was the last pre-high school level and I figured she could do reasonably well. For writing and math I think we're going to do 5th grade..

It is likely that your DD is really that smart. :001_cool: