Menu

Want fashion advice - clogs...

kbpaulie

I've seen some women wear "glossy" clogs that I thought looked good. They sort of looked like this:

http://www.zappos.co...-patent-leather

or maybe some like this:

http://www.zappos.com/alegria-paloma-zappos-exclusive-black-vintage-floral

Are they just wearing comfortable "orthodic" type shoes or something hip and cool? If it's something hip and cool does anyone have a recommendation of ones that might not be over $100?

I don't have any recommendation beyond what you see on Zappo--the Danskos are amazing. My sister was having back problems, went to the store and tried on 15 different pairs of Danskos, wore them to work the next day, and hasn't had a back problem since. They were $130. You can get them on sale (somewhere on line--I forget) but she said that she tried on at least 3 pairs of the exact same size of the same shoe and they each fit a little differently, so is not willing to buy online.

Guess what she is getting for Christmas?

The good news is: they last forEVer. I've had a pair I wear regularly for at least 7 years and they still look and feel good.

YES. THIS. I know it sounds unbelievable, and I didn't believe it myself until I tried them, but it is true. My back was awful..... I haven't had any pain since buying my Danskos three weeks ago. I cannot recommend them highly enough. I"ve got to find a few more pairs in different colors so I never have to wear anything else!

Astrid

I'm 41. Don't have any back or foot probs. Don't spend a lot of time on my feet. Just thought they looked cute. Can they be worn just as cute shoes or (sorry to those that have them) are they more old lady, back prob, or I'm a nure on my feet all day shoes?

I'm 41. Don't have any back or foot probs. Don't spend a lot of time on my feet. Just thought they looked cute. Can they be worn just as cute shoes or (sorry to those that have them) are they more old lady, back prob, or I'm a nure on my feet all day shoes?

Personally, I never had back problems until this fall. I would have worn them anyway if I'd discovered them sooner. I always saw them on people and thought they were cute but never really knew what brand, etc. I happened upon them because I saw a pair in a store that had a knitted pattern, which I HAD to HAVE. I bought them, loved them, and was telling my friend how it sounds crazy but my back feels better and she told me that no, they're good for backs.

So I bought mine for vanity but stumbled upon the ortho benefits.

astrid (42, recent back injury but loving my clogs!)