Menu

Why use the classified section?

swimmermom3

I am really sorry for offering another complaint about the classified section, but this has been my experience.

1. Ad cannot be bumped, so it is buried.

2. Buried would be fine I suppose if one could search, but using "teaching company" brought up no responses for the search when I know there are at least two ads that contain those words.

3. I did sell an item, but when I went in to edit it, I was informed that too much time had elapsed for me to edit the ad. So I can't tell anyone that the item is sold. Wasn't the whole idea in moving to a new format for sales so that we had better control?

Why is this better than the old way again?

And why do half of my posts need moderator approval? I have never been banned and I usually behave myself.

Do you have the button to "close advert"? I clicked that when I was editing one of my posts (thinking it would just close the window), and I discovered that it had the effect of deleting my listing. I was able to open it back up again (so it didn't permanently delete it--it just took it off the classified listings). I wonder if closing and opening an advert would have the effect of bumping a listing....

And yeah, I'm looking forward to improved searching across the site.

[quote name='TKDmom' timestamp='1354485752' post='4520275']
Do you have the button to "close advert"? I clicked that when I was editing one of my posts (thinking it would just close the window), and I discovered that it had the effect of deleting my listing. I was able to open it back up again (so it didn't permanently delete it--it just took it off the classified listings). I wonder if closing and opening an advert would have the effect of bumping a listing....

And yeah, I'm looking forward to improved searching across the site.
[/quote]

Hey Bonnie, I saw the "close" button, but if you close out the ad, then how do the buyer and seller do feedback? I've done feedback on the new system, but it was for ads on the old sale board.

[quote name='swimmermom3' timestamp='1354486465' post='4520298']
Hey Bonnie, I saw the "close" button, but if you close out the ad, then how do the buyer and seller do feedback? I've done feedback on the new system, but it was for ads on the old sale board.
[/quote]

Good question. I have no idea how feedback works with the new classifieds.

[quote name='swimmermom3' timestamp='1354471176' post='4519896']
I am really sorry for offering another complaint about the classified section, but this has been my experience.

1. Ad cannot be bumped, so it is buried.

2. Buried would be fine I suppose if one could search, but using "teaching company" brought up no responses for the search when I know there are at least two ads that contain those words.

3. I did sell an item, but when I went in to edit it, I was informed that too much time had elapsed for me to edit the ad. So I can't tell anyone that the item is sold. Wasn't the whole idea in moving to a new format for sales so that we had better control?

Why is this better than the old way again?

And why do half of my posts need moderator approval? I have never been banned and I usually behave myself.
[/quote]

:bigear:
[color=#9900cc][font=verdana, geneva, sans-serif]Good questions. I'd like to know too. I posted some concerns of mine on the New Buy, Sell, & Trade Section topic and never got a reply. I don't like the classifieds at.all. I think the old sale board just needed a few tweaks. But, I much prefer the old way and not this new classifieds. Please John, we need to be able to post on the original for sale boards again. And, is there any way that we can not be required to post the original deal thread in iTrader feedback? The name of the item could just be typed in...I doubt anyone clicks on the links anyway. I think just the title of the book or what was bought/sold would be better. I have feedback to leave for a seller, but I can't because the original ad was deleted in the renovation....all I need to do is say it was Growing with Grammar, but I can't. If the original link wasn't needed for feedback, then we could maybe tweak the old for sale board to be able to delete ads that are no longer needed/items sold. Also, while you are at it....make it so the seller can always edit their ad, so we don't have to pop it just to say something is sold.[/font][/color]

• 1 year later...

They will contact you using a Private Message.  

If you at the top right corner of this page, where your username is.

Next to it you will see 2 icons. 

The envelope icon is for private messages. 

When you recieve a message, a red box will appear on top of the envelope.  Which you click on to read, and then use to reply.

They first click on: Contact Advertiser Directly, which you will see on your item for sale.

Yes, I use to buy tons of curriculum here, now when I search for something, I get zero results or I get a post that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. Why doesn't the search function work anymore? I'm so disappointed.