Menu

An Educational publisher blog challenge

I am grateful for many of the small publishing houses like PHP that provide quality homeschooling material. I know I've had to cut back on our budget and haven't been able to support as many as I would like. I also know some of us are already looking to next semester or next year in our planning and that word of mouth can be the best marketing tool.

So, in order to promote these publishers, I would like to pose a challenge. During the month of December review an item published by one of these companies, or do more than one. Provide links to the publisher's site (like PHP, CAP, memoria press, LOF etc) not to an Amazon link, etc. Add pictures, etc. If the company is running a special, mention it. If they have facebook links, etc, mention those.

Also think of adding a clickable widget to your blog sidebar, so everyone will be able to quickly link to those publishers.

I've also posted my reviews on the company's facebook page or e-mailed them a link so they could promote it how they see fit.

It doesn't have to be something you are currently using, it could be something you used in the past. Some of these companies have a core group of products that I love, but I'm almost done using what I can from them because of ds's age. However, I believe in these products enough, and would like to drive some volume to the sites so their products can continue to be available.

I will add links in my signature after I post my reviews. I can think of at least two I've been meaning to do anyway.

Who is with me?

In October I wrote about our experience with Zaner-Bloser. They contacted me and after talking back and forth with one of their handwriting experts about a problem I had when I was first looking at their handwriting curriculum they wrote a guest post for my blog talking about why WTM calls it "continuous stroke" but the ZB website doesn't. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

I write a lot of my posts on a regular basis about what we're doing with SOTW and FLL. Those posts always include a link to the PHP page for that book, but I also have a link on the bottom to the Amazon listing (I am an Amazon affiliate.) Is that more what you are looking for?

I'm not sure after already talking about those what I would have left to review. Are you only looking for smaller companies or larger companies? Hmmm...thinking...would you consider Right Start too "big" a company to be on your list?

In October I wrote about our experience with Zaner-Bloser. They contacted me and after talking back and forth with one of their handwriting experts about a problem I had when I was first looking at their handwriting curriculum they wrote a guest post for my blog talking about why WTM calls it "continuous stroke" but the ZB website doesn't. Is that the sort of thing you're looking for?

I write a lot of my posts on a regular basis about what we're doing with SOTW and FLL. Those posts always include a link to the PHP page for that book, but I also have a link on the bottom to the Amazon listing (I am an Amazon affiliate.) Is that more what you are looking for?

I'm not sure after already talking about those what I would have left to review. Are you only looking for smaller companies or larger companies? Hmmm...thinking...would you consider Right Start too "big" a company to be on your list?

I don't know anything about Right Start, but whatever you think qualifies. Honestly, I'd just like to see some promotion of these companies that produce homeschooling products. Some are family run or with a few key employees and we, the people who use those products, are their best way to promote those products. Or some have a small selection of products that they may not get repeat customers.

Some newer homeschoolers may not be aware that many of these products are really produced out of a labor of love. Even though you can buy their products on Amazon the publishers see a better profit when we buy directly from them (I know budget is an issue for some and we need to buy from Amazon for the price break). I've also had outstanding customer service from a few companies and that does make a difference to me. The reality is I want these smaller companies to be able to stay in business. I think those of us that have used their products successfully can post a review on a blog, e-mail one to the company, or even on Amazon.

I think there are some hidden gems out in there that homeschoolers may not know about because we buy the product, use it, but never tell anyone. By the time we're done with it, we're on to another product. At least I've done that.