Menu

I don't think even Dr. Hive can help me!

melissad2

It seems that I have contracted the stomach virus from h&ll!!! I've just now been able to scrape myself off the bathroom floor since this afternoon. The baby caught it first and of course I was next in line. My 5yo ds is puking too...poor dad, I'm of no use to him :(. I was sure I was going to pass out a few times, what a TERRIBLE feeling!

:grouphug: So sorry to hear that! When my dd was 1 year old, we went through a bout of stomach flu. Our doctor prescribed some anti-nausea medication for both ds (then 5) and dd (1 year) to prevent dehydration.. perhaps that is something to ask about. Hope you feel better soon!

Yes, I think that's what we (the adults) took. I looked up the medication, the kids took Ondansetron - a liquid for the 1 year old, and tablets for the 5 year old.

I know I'm repeating myself, but :grouphug: and much sympathy. It's truly awful - is the baby better yet (so you have an idea how long this will last?).

:grouphug: Ugh--that stomach virus is killer! Ds1 just had it and thankfully no one else got sick. I'm actually amazed no one else got sick. Last time it went through here dd was barely 1 and all the dc were sick at the same time. I thought dh and I had escaped, but no. I got it and it was bad! I was so sick I was going to call dh to come home from work because I just could not take care of the kids. As I was about to call he came walking in looking completely pale--he was super sick too. It was awful.

Hope you're better soon!