Menu

Gift Ideas for the Men - Frugal

MrsBanjoClown

We are trying to cut back on our Christmas spending this year. We exchange gifts with 11 other adults and will buy gifts for 2 other children besides our own (just one gift for each of them). I have the women covered, and I have some ideas for the kids (ours are already taken car of), but I am stumped on what to get the men.

My dad

FIL

BIL (Dh's brother, 37, single) - commonly makes pies or wooden picture frames for Christmas gifts. We always seem to get him a Lowe's gift card.

My brother (not married, but in a committed relationship, 27)

BIL (my sister's husband, 30ish, teaches science at a middle school)

Would any of them enjoy a book on a special topic? I got my ds16 two DK Eyewitness books on both World Wars and he's not a reader. But he'll really enjoy looking at the pictures and reading the captions/paragraphs that go with each picture. He reads a great deal on the computer but has an issue with real books but I have no clue why. Also this year I'm getting DH a Doctor Who book. For the past two years they've had a special book sort of recapping the episodes from the year but they don't have one this year, so I just got a reading book. My DH is an avid reader so books are very much appreciated. For nonreaders, a book would obviously be a lame gift.