Menu

If you emailed the GWG publishers, how long did it take them to respond?

nukeswife

I'm just curious how long it took the people at GWG to get back to you. I emailed them last night and haven't heard anything, which isn't all that worrisome, but I'm just curious how long I should wait.

If it matters my question was about placement in the program for my older two kids.

I have never tried to email them, so I'm no help with that.

But I have been using GWG for four years now -- level 1-5 between my three DC. I would recommend looking at the table of contents for each book on their website and choose a level close to grade level, but that introduces at least one or two new topics for your child. My oldest used the grade 5 book last year and it was almost all review of level 4, just a few new things. She's using something different this year. My DD in second grade is using level 2, but I plan to jump her up to level 4 next year b/c the amount of review will really bother in level 3. But my son in 4th grade using level 4, will likely go on to level 5 nextbyear b/c that type of review is good for him.

Hope that helps.

I did look at the samples and S&S but was still confused.

My oldest has been a grammar nightmare. He did GWG 5 (but only made it through half) a few years back, then we tried JAG and that took us 2 years to get through, but he still flounders a bit with grammar and really needs the usage stuff that GWG incorporates (you know the commas, quotations, etc) I'm not sure if I should use Level 7 or 8. For my dd, she just turned 11 last week, but is delayed in LA because of some issues she had that delayed reading. She went through vision therapy and is now doing ETC 4 (almost done) and is about 3/4 through AAS 2, but reading is still a bit of a slog for her. She started reading "The Dragons's of Wayward Crescent: Gruffen" out loud last night and it took her 20 minutes to read the first 5 pages. Scholastic lists that book as grade 4.3 which for her is quite a jump from the stuff she normall will try to read. I'm not sure if I should put her in level 3 or 4.

Any thoughts?

I agree, they are pretty quick. GWG has been great with my boys who also had some reading delays and struggle with language arts in general. We worked through levels 2 &3 before skipping level 4 and going straight to 5 after contacting GWG for their recommendation. I was afraid to do that, but it really has worked fine for them.