Menu

Oy! Hopefully nothing else is added to my plate

Parrothead

Dh is going in for surgery on his shoulder tomorrow. Dd is starting to show symptoms to a cold. On Friday I have to take my friend to the oral surgeon.

Luckily the hospital called and moved dh's surgery time up to 8:15. We don't have to spend the night tonight down there so he gets there by 6:30. We will have to drive an hour south for same day surgery.

Then Friday I have to go an hour north for my friend. Neither her dh nor her boys are able to get off work to get her there. She has been waiting almost a year to get this tooth dealt with and is in constant pain now. I feel so badly for her.

Dd is the easiest of them all to deal with right now. But I hate taking her to the hospital with her immune system already working overtime. Would you leave a new 13 year old home alone for up to 7 hours while you were an hour away? I'm not sure she would agree to stay alone that long.

I wasn't feeling guilty about leaving dh for 4 hours on Friday since dd could help him out with food and stuff. I figured they would just sit around and watch TV. Now with dd feeling bad I'm feeling guilty for leaving them both. I suppose they will still just sit around and watch TV.

Tell me it will all work out in the end.

Dh is going in for surgery on his shoulder tomorrow. Dd is starting to show symptoms to a cold. On Friday I have to take my friend to the oral surgeon.

Luckily the hospital called and moved dh's surgery time up to 8:15. We don't have to spend the night tonight down there so he gets there by 6:30. We will have to drive an hour south for same day surgery.

Then Friday I have to go an hour north for my friend. Neither her dh nor her boys are able to get off work to get her there. She has been waiting almost a year to get this tooth dealt with and is in constant pain now. I feel so badly for her.

Dd is the easiest of them all to deal with right now. But I hate taking her to the hospital with her immune system already working overtime. Would you leave a new 13 year old home alone for up to 7 hours while you were an hour away? I'm not sure she would agree to stay alone that long.

I wasn't feeling guilty about leaving dh for 4 hours on Friday since dd could help him out with food and stuff. I figured they would just sit around and watch TV. Now with dd feeling bad I'm feeling guilty for leaving them both. I suppose they will still just sit around and watch TV.

Tell me it will all work out in the end.

Ugh. Yes that is a long day to leave a 13 year old alone. My ds will be 13 in March...I leave him alone for several hours when I go to the city an hour away...I don't fear for him in any real way....I just don't think it is good for him to be alone so long. One day wouldn't hurt though. But if she doesn't want to I would pack her up and take her with me. When dh had to have surgery we took both our boys (dss11 was here for thanksgiving break). I just wanted everyone together. All I could think was 'what if something horrible happens to dh in surgery? I don't want the boys an hour away.'

Hugs to you. And yes it will work out.

Ugh. Yes that is a long day to leave a 13 year old alone. My ds will be 13 in March...I leave him alone for several hours when I go to the city an hour away...I don't fear for him in any real way....I just don't think it is good for him to be alone so long. One day wouldn't hurt though. But if she doesn't want to I would pack her up and take her with me. When dh had to have surgery we took both our boys (dss11 was here for thanksgiving break). I just wanted everyone together. All I could think was 'what if something horrible happens to dh in surgery? I don't want the boys an hour away.'

Hugs to you. And yes it will work out.

Thanks. You've summed up my feeling well. Perhaps even though she is not feeling 100% I can make her comfortable during the wait.