Menu

Crazed... So I started out with SOTW 3 and..

I started out with SOTW 3 and American History (1600s-1850) I have done a really great job with American History but we haven't picked up SOTW 3 and only have 20 weeks or less of school- Should I just drop it and continue strong with American or should I try to incorporate it?:confused:

Working with a 4 & 7 grader who came from PS last year. My 7th grader worked on Ancient History las year, and I planned on doing Medieval next year and starting the 4 year cycle with high school.

If you're half-way through American History 1600-1850, and you haven't touched SOTW yet, then what I might look at is doing American History 1600-1850 this year and then American History 1850-2008 next year.

You'll be picking up some world history by doing that, and can still start in Ancients in 9th grade.

You could also add in SOTW as a read-aloud (maybe even in the summer).

Any particular reason you really wanted to do Medieval next year?

By the way, I'm thinking of doing the opposite. We're doing SOTW-3, and I've tried to slow down and stretch out the American Revolution; but there's just no way to cover it all. We've got to move on this week, though there's still so much more I'd like to do.

So, could you share what you're using for American history? Maybe I could use it as a Read-Aloud this summer.

• 3 weeks later...