Menu

The Northern VA Picnic today......

I thought we had fun!! It was great getting to meet Alice, Kathleen of VA, Camibami, Nick&Zack's mom!! Plus Nick and Zack's Dad...It was cool having a Dad come along!!

My kids take on the picnic today....they didn't realize that this was a group of people they'd never met. They expect it from me so were not too surprised that I had only met you here at the WTB board......

My soon to be 15 year old daughter hit it off with Kathleen's daughter. By the time they came back from the lake they were exchanging emails. Colleen said E was really nice!!! I knew she was being sincere by the big smile on her face. I was really hoping for this......

The boys had a blast. My son Charlie said Zack was pretty funny and he enjoyed meeting Samuel and Nick. Both my sons said they really liked getting to meet the other boys and would like to get together again. They have all ready been asking me where everyone lives and would the other boys be aloud to come over and play.......

The kids left all the parents at the pavilion while they explored the trail to the lake and playground.

The mom's plus one dad sat around talking and eating of course. Alice drove the farthest I think.....Her two boys are cute as can be.....I hope the next get together we will have more mom's with some teens and younger ones....

It was hot, hot, hot.....Kathleen, K (N&Z's mom) and I and all the kids played some miniature golf.

As everyone departed, Kathleen was the last to pull out and my son was asking me if we should ask them to wait. I put the key into the ignition of the truck and it wouldn't start......:glare: My husband has one flaky key to the truck that sometimes sets off the theft device. I had to call around until I could find someone who could pick up the other key and bring it to me.

The other key finally arrived at the park at 3:38.............Needless to say, I have the worst headache right now.....and the boys needed showers...:lol:

Thanks everyone for coming and for those who missed it due to illness I am so sorry.....hopefully we will be able to meet up again......

Who wants to plan the next outing.......:001_smile: ?

Aaacccckkkk!!!! Your truck didn't start. Oh, no, now I have guilt :D.

I feel so bad about you being stuck there until 3:38!!!! Next time we will have to make sure everyone is ok before we all pull out of the parking lot.

I, too, had a great time and I really am looking forward to our next get together. Emily was joking that in a few years people will be flying into Dulles from all over the country for the annual WTM Convention and we'll be able to say we were at the very first one.:)

Oh no- that stinks you got stuck! It was so wicked hot, too. Next time we'll exchange cell phones and what-not- we live only a tiny ways from the park and sure could have come gotten you!

It was neat to meet "real life" WTM'ers, in all these years I never have.

Don't feel guilty....I had paused when grabbing that set of keys, thinking I should pick up the other...so I think I was being told....

I'm glad everyone came. I have another friend that was going to come who has girls the age of yours Cami...but her daughter had to go to the doctor.

She tore a ligament in her foot.

They are going to try for the next one.

We had fun too! Calvin told my dh that he made new friends...I know he was much younger but I think he had fun with all the big boys at the lake looking at the snake. Both my boys both slept well last night. :) We'll definitely plan on doing it again.