Menu

Educational Apps for Kindle Fire Help

KDoty

I posted this in the "General" board as well.

I did a search and couldn't find any current (2012) info. for this. I just purchased an 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I would like to know if anyone has any recommendations for educational apps. I would particularly appreciate any recommendations that would be compatible with our curric. We use SWR for LA and RS for math. We do CC as well. My dc are age K and PreK/Toddler. Any help would be much appreciated. I realize that an IPad has much more to offer but it's beyond our budget so we went with the Kindle Fire. In addition, are there any "must have" accessories that I need to get. Thanks for any suggestions!

Thanks so much! I have a Kindle Fire. I had a 1st generation IPad and got rid of it. It was too hard to keep up with without a consistent laptop to sync with, that was hooked up to wifi. I don't know if it's better, but the 1st iPads were not stand alone products. The Kindle Fire is so independent that it doesn't even come with a sync cord, and has to be purchased separately IF you need it.

I prefer dealing with Amazon to Apple. Amazon doesn't try to outsmart me. Apple was so busy trying to keep me from stealing that I couldn't even hold on to what I paid for.

Thanks so much! I have a Kindle Fire. I had a 1st generation IPad and got rid of it. It was too hard to keep up with without a consistent laptop to sync with, that was hooked up to wifi. I don't know if it's better, but the 1st iPads were not stand alone products. The Kindle Fire is so independent that it doesn't even come with a sync cord, and has to be purchased separately IF you need it.

I prefer dealing with Amazon to Apple. Amazon doesn't try to outsmart me. Apple was so busy trying to keep me from stealing that I couldn't even hold on to what I paid for.

That's good to know, thank you!

Not really educational but fun for the kids..Nice if they can't pronounce a word or just enjoy hearing it read back to them.

http://www.amazon.co...ref=tsm_1_fb_lk

Lora in NC

Looks interesting. Thanks for the link. I'm so happy my Fire can do the basic things that I forget to spend more time seeing what else it can do. I always love it when a thread comes up.