Menu

Uploading a picture in a post (attach files) doesn't work for me

BatmansWife

I wanted to post a few pictures of my dd's art work in a discussion about a particular art program. I used to do this (very same photos) with no problem. Now it says file is too big to upload. I see it say the max single file size is 2MB. I don't know what my pictures are...and I have no idea how to resize them. I'm hoping this is just a glitch right now. Otherwise I'll be sad if I can't ever post a picture. Has anyone else posted a picture yet and have it work?? I've tried both the basic and the advanced uploader several times each (although I have no idea if I have flash 9 for the advanced uploader).

I probably did the same thing you did. :( I am going to try it with a couple other photos. Some are working others are not.

Ugh! I can get very few photos to load. I think the question is going to be how to make the photos smaller....space wise.

I probably did the same thing you did. :( I am going to try it with a couple other photos. Some are working others are not.

Ugh! I can get very few photos to load. I think the question is going to be how to make the photos smaller....space wise.

Rats, I'm not sure how I'd do that. But, thank you for your help.

Woo Hoo! I did it! I figured out how to resize. I still need to get more comfortable with the software, but it looks promising.

Here is what I found that got good reviews. http://www.irfanview.com/

The first time was tricky, looking up the photo, but it does get easier.

This was a pic I was trying to upload earlier, but couldn't. I resized it in irfanview.

Edited: This is a really nice tool! I did create a new sub folder in my photos for shared pics. When I got upload a photo, I left click and it opens in irfanview. Then I pic "image" I think and I can resize it to variety of sizes. I just picked the smallest. Saved it to my new folder and clicked on it to upload here. I am impressed with how clean the reduced image came out!

Hope that helps!

Woo Hoo! I did it! I figured out how to resize. I still need to get more comfortable with the software, but it looks promising.

Here is what I found that got good reviews. http://www.irfanview.com/

The first time was tricky, looking up the photo, but it does get easier.

This was a pic I was trying to upload earlier, but couldn't. I resized it in irfanview.

Edited: This is a really nice tool! I did create a new sub folder in my photos for shared pics. When I got upload a photo, I left click and it opens in irfanview. Then I pic "image" I think and I can resize it to variety of sizes. I just picked the smallest. Saved it to my new folder and clicked on it to upload here. I am impressed with how clean the reduced image came out!

Hope that helps!

We must have been working on pictures at the same time. I just came back to tell you what I found. I was looking at my pictures and saw that they said 2.35 and 2.25 MB...and it says here the max size was 2 MB. I googled how to resize photos and found the site shrinkpictures.com. It was super easy. I resized a pic at 25%, 50% and 75%. I then went to the Test board here and tried them all out. They all look the same inside the post, but if you click on them the 25% is perfect, the others are too large and you need to scroll over and up and down to see it all. So.....YAY!

:party:

I'm so glad we figured this out together....even though we went about it different ways. I'll check out the site you found and see if it's any easier than what I found and then just use whichever is best! Thanks again for all your help!

ETA: I have no idea what MB the pics are now....but they must be 2MB or smaller since they work.

My relatives were complaining about the huge size of the pictures I emailed, so I got "FreeSizer" and just drag & drop them into the box. You can choose "email, instant messenger, social networks, iphone/ipad," etc. for sizes. I'm assuming each one gives a different size. (It'll show you the estimated size & you can preview the picture.) Easy-peasy.