Menu

My favorite meal planning tool is half off

I LOVE using plantoeat.com to meal plan. I imported all of my recipes over a period of just 2 days (and I have hundreds). I drop and drag them to the plantoeat calendar. Then I set a date range to shop for, and it generates a shopping list! I can alter the # of servings per recipe right on the calendar per recipe. I can easily move the recipes ahead if we go out to dinner. And I can import recipes by hitting the P2E button on my browser toolbar. So if I love a recipe on any other recipe site, I hit P2E and it is imported into my recipe book! My husband loves that we have dinner on time more often and I am hitting the stores less often.

So, plantoeat has a great referral program and is also half price once a year. If you use this link, I get credit for telling you: http://www.plantoeat.../ref/0nal2ekzib

I think it is normally $39 if I remember right. So it would be about $20 for the year.

Hope this benefits someone else! I learned about it here and want to pass it on!

OOPS-edited to say this is on Black Friday!

Thanks for the link!! My free trial is about to expire and I'll be happy to use your referral. Question though, I haven't had much time to play around with it, what's the easiest way to import your recipes? So far I have found it very time consuming, but I think once I get a system set up it will really save time and effort.

Thanks for the link!! My free trial is about to expire and I'll be happy to use your referral. Question though, I haven't had much time to play around with it, what's the easiest way to import your recipes? So far I have found it very time consuming, but I think once I get a system set up it will really save time and effort.

If they're anywhere on the net the little bookmarklet tool is awesome. When it works. It's persnickety with blogs--especially blogs where there's a million pics of every little step.

It seems to work well with all the major recipe sites though.

Most recipes will upload. Sometimes it helps on a blog if I highlight just the recipe. Maybe that is a fluke though and has nothing to do with which blog recipes import ok. When they won't import, I open a separate tab, open plantoeat, go to add new recipe, go to the tab with the recipe, copy (ctrl+c or cmd+c on a mac), go to plantoeat tab, and paste (ctrl or cmd +v) in the directions field. Then I cut and paste the needed parts (title/ingredients/comments) into their sections. try to remember to categorize the recipe right then. And I right click the recipe photo, save to desktop, and then import the photo too. Photos of food make me happy! The guy who wrote it has been great at answering my questions and making great updates. I'm super pleased with it. Also, it does help to assign your ingredients to the stores you like to buy them from. Then your shopping list will be by store too! (and by general aisle if you assign categories to them too.)

Most recipes will upload. Sometimes it helps on a blog if I highlight just the recipe. Maybe that is a fluke though and has nothing to do with which blog recipes import ok. When they won't import, I open a separate tab, open plantoeat, go to add new recipe, go to the tab with the recipe, copy (ctrl+c or cmd+c on a mac), go to plantoeat tab, and paste (ctrl or cmd +v) in the directions field. Then I cut and paste the needed parts (title/ingredients/comments) into their sections. try to remember to categorize the recipe right then. And I right click the recipe photo, save to desktop, and then import the photo too. Photos of food make me happy! The guy who wrote it has been great at answering my questions and making great updates. I'm super pleased with it. Also, it does help to assign your ingredients to the stores you like to buy them from. Then your shopping list will be by store too! (and by general aisle if you assign categories to them too.)

I do this too if it looks like a recipe I will really use. I've also entered things manually that I use all the time (sometimes just the ingredients unless I think someone else might actually want to make it).

Funny how sometimes even copying and pasting seems like too much effort. :tongue_smilie: