Menu

D'aulaire's Greek Myth audio--different narrators

So, I've been anxiously waiting the release of Greek Myths on audio, but now it seems that the audible version and cd version have different narrators. Both were released today. Does anyone know what is up with this? Do they just have different narrators listed when they all play a part? I would really like to use my audible credit for this, but I want to make sure I get the best version. Can anyone help?

Paula

Hello. I am Per Ola d'Aulaire, a son of the late authors, Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire. I can inform you that there is only one authorized recording of the Greek Myths audiobook, the one narrated by Newman, Poiter, Turner and Broderick. It is published by a subsidiary of Random House and available from several approved online sources including Audible.com which is an arm of Amazon. See

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Please advise me of any unauthorized recording(s) and I will follow up on that.

Meanwhile, for more background on the authors and their works, there is an informational Facebook page available just for that purpose at

http://www.facebook....sChildrensBooks

If anyone has specific questions on about the d'Aulaires and/or their works, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability and time availability, on this Forum.

Hello. I am Per Ola d'Aulaire, a son of the late authors, Ingri and Edgar Parin d'Aulaire. I can inform you that there is only one authorized recording of the Greek Myths audiobook, the one narrated by Newman, Poiter, Turner and Broderick. It is published by a subsidiary of Random House and available from several approved online sources including Audible.com which is an arm of Amazon. See

http://www.amazon.co...&pf_rd_i=507846

Please advise me of any unauthorized recording(s) and I will follow up on that.

Meanwhile, for more background on the authors and their works, there is an informational Facebook page available just for that purpose at

http://www.facebook....sChildrensBooks

If anyone has specific questions on about the d'Aulaires and/or their works, I'll be happy to answer them to the best of my ability and time availability, on this Forum.

I bought the audible version when it came out this month. The narrator is listed as Roy Dotrice. Now, on audible it has been changed. Should I ask the audible people to switch my book? Or is Roy Dotrice also an additional narrator?

It looks like on 11-13 the audible version with Roy Dotrice was released (as well as the CD on Amazon with Newman narrating). The next day, the audible version switched to Newman. I'm not happy, although Dotrice seems to be a decent narrator.

Random's Listening Library put out the Dotrice recording prematurely and without permission from the copyright holders. It has been withdrawn. In its place, Random obtained the rights to the classic Newman-Turner audiobook which is now the only official version.

Hope that helps.

-Per Ola d'Aulaire

Random's Listening Library put out the Dotrice recording prematurely and without permission from the copyright holders. It has been withdrawn. In its place, Random obtained the rights to the classic Newman-Turner audiobook which is now the only official version.

Hope that helps.

-Per Ola d'Aulaire

well that explains why I couldn't find anything on Audible on the 14th! Glad you got it resolved. Now I just need to save my nickels... :)