Menu

Can you look at my 9th grader's schedule...

Hi,

This is my first time on the new board. We've been going through a divorce, and I've had to work a lot, and our internet had to go for awhile, but I see the light at the end of the tunnel and it's very bright! :)

My dd will be in high school this year, and I am both so excited and a little scared. :001_huh:

This is what she will be taking:

Algebra 1 - McGraw Hill (done at our tutorial)

Apologia Physical Science (tutorial)

Spanish is Fun 1 (tutorial)

Either Omnibus 1 or Notgrass World History/Literature - can anybody recommend

Easy Grammar Plus

and I need a writing program. Her writing is not strong at all. She at leasts enjoys writing and wants to write a book, but we really need help with this, so please recommend a program that is not too hard to teach, but will get the basics done.

Thank you so much!

Heather

For writing have you looked at IEW (institute for excellence in writing). They have a great website, and you could ask them which set of videos to start with. I am considering the SWI C or SICC-C for next year. They are pricey though, but you can get them used for less. That program gives the kids a lot of specifics in terms of style and structure. My boy just thrived on it when we used it in the past. Andrew Pudewa does the teaching for you. This is a big plus.

Good luck with everything

Ame e.