Menu

youth night strike?

It sounds similar to a game we played when I was a missionary kid at boarding school, in high school. We had a large campus, and all the adults would fan out with flashlights to hunt down the students who were trying to get some stated thing...sorta like capture the flag, but in the dark being hunted. If you had the flashlight turned on you, you were caught and had to be out. We thought it was great fun, fwiw, sneaking around in the dark hiding behind buildings etc. Appeals to your inner criminal ;o).

Well, it looks like there are two different activities that are called "Youth Night Strikes". One, which I would be in support of, is when a youth group goes out at night to do outreach to the homeless. The other kind of event, which I can see the appeal of, involves play hunting with shaving cream and the like. I liked water balloon play as a child, but then again I always won. In the play-fighting I can see it becoming a popular kids vs loners and lots of feelings getting hurt.