Menu

Digital slide converter?

Does anyone know of a good digital slide converter.

My mom wants a digital slide converter for Christmas. Mom never asks for anything. She didn't even ask me for this, but she asked me to tell Dad about it if he asked what to get her. I was already intending to get her one, because she mentions getting one whenever slides come up in the conversation. I talked to Dad and am going to go ahead and get her one. The reviews I've seen on Amazon have been mixed. I want the pictures to turn out well. I'd rather pay more and have good quality. I don't, however, want to pay $1000. I don't mind having to work to get the pictures. I'd rather have good pictures with time-consuming steps than quick, easy mediocre copies. Of course, I'd rather have quick, easy good pictures if possible.

I got the one from Sharper Image. It has worked fine for me while using my Mac. My mom tried to use it with her PC and said something isn't working with it, so...being non-techy, I have no idea if that is something PC/softwear related that I just didn't run into or what.

Do you mean a scanner? One that takes old 35mm slides and produces a digital file? There are services where you box up all your slides, and mail them off somewhere to be scanned, and they mail you back your slides and the files. This way, you don't need to fiddle with computer stuff, you just get what you want.