Menu

Do you own a massage chair?

Is it wonderful?

Could it be?

Do you use it regularly? why? why not?

Our landlord decided to take the massage chair out of the house before we rented (it's an almost fully furnished house). He has now decided to sell it. As with most things he does, it was a top of the line model at the time (and really, still is). It has amazing reviews online.

Anyway, we are seriously considering it. We would give him a small amount the next couple months (he says we can have it in the meantime as it is under a sheet at a friend's house down the street) and pay it off with income tax money. I'm hoping it will help with relaxation if not also pain.

Just wondering if it is worth the money. We are getting, according to my research, a good deal on it. And my landlord is a very good guy.

I have never had a chair but I like the massage chairs at the nail salon. I have had one of the shiatsu pads that you sit in your chair. It felt soooo good that I kept turning it on when it timed out. After about 4 sessions I couldn't move my muscles the next day. There really is such a thing as "too much of a good thing!"

I do, but we bought it at a garage sale for less then $50. I initially thought it was a silly thing, but it is the only thing that works when my back decides to seize up. (large bOOks/xlong torso issues)

I have to just sit in it for a couple hours for it to help much, but that totally beats the alternative, flat on the couch in pain for a couple days.