Menu

Looking for math workbook equivalent to Saxon 76

Time4tea

I am having a hard time finding a workbook to use for this level. I am finding that comparing grade level workbooks does not necessarily mean it is in in line with Saxon 76. Even Abeka Gr 5 looks harder than Saxon 76. So if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

What did you not like about Saxon 7/6? Do you plan on continuing with Saxon (8/7 or Algebra 1/2)? Are you just looking for more practice problems?

If you are looking for another program, instead of trying to find something equivalent, I'd try administering a placement test (or tests) in another program. That will help you find the level that your kid needs.

For example, if you want another spiral program but maybe something not as incremental, you could try CLE.

Each math program is going to have a different scope & sequence, so some things might be "the same" as 7/6, but in other things they might be ahead/behind. (Abeka goes quickly at the lower levels but slows down after 3.)

Don't know if this is what you want, but Saxon has published a workbook to go with 7/6--it takes most of the writing out problems off the student's hand, but some things still need to be filled in from the text. I found a copy here.

ETA: the workbook is just the problems from the text, together with a brief summary of the teaching from each section.