Menu

DVD Curriculum other than SOS?

Guest rprimeau95

Guest rprimeau95

Is there any other DVD Curriculum other than SOS?

we did the BJU Homesat but to many satellite issues and make up's to do got to stressful with more than one child to tape for had to set two VCR's ect. and their DVD program is very expensive IMO

Or maybe online schooling, we used time4learning this year but they only go up to 8th grade daughter will be going into the 7th.

I do miss the BJY homesat for Pre-K and Kindergarten so wish i didn't record over the tapes I could of reused them for my 3 newest editions we never expected to have more children so I taped over all of them ;( so sad about that but just not worth me doing it all over again.

Guest rprimeau95
Abeka is the only other one I can think of at the moment

I used Abeka when my oldest who graduated in 2005 was in the 4th grade I didn't know they had a dvd curriculum have you seen it is it a classroom setting teach talking etc?

thanks

After using BJU's Homesat, I truly doubt that you will like A Beka's video program. They are very different (yes, I have used both). BJU is MUCH better.

In case you have not heard, BJU is canceling their Satellite service. This next year will be the last year it is available. This news has the HomeSat users in an uproar; we all feel we've had the rug pulled out from under us.

They still offer the DVD sets though, as well as their new hardrive option.

I was going to recommend Teaching Textbook too. I know that is only one subject. I wanted to mention that you can enter the answers into the computer program and never even have to use the book if you don't need to, but only up through Pre-Algebra. For Algebra 1 and later, you have to do it on paper.

We have level 5, 6, 7, pre-alg, alg 1, and geometry and love it! My younger children love/loved doing this totally on the computer. It tells you immediately if hte answer is correct or not and you can click to see the solution right then. It also keeps a gradebook you can click on at any time.

Eva

I don't :grouphug: but if you are a little creative you could make an excellent program using videos from Discovery Streaming

https://www.homeschoolbuyersco-op.org/index.php?option=com_epp_offer&Itemid=426

Our library has hundreds of educational videos on every topic and many are suitable for 7th graders. I know, it's not the same as having a well prepared curriculum, but I just wanted to toss out the idea anyway. Also, some states/schools have free access to Discover Streaming (check out powermediaplus too) and it's free to homeschoolers also.

Guest rprimeau95
After using BJU's Homesat, I truly doubt that you will like A Beka's video program. They are very different (yes, I have used both). BJU is MUCH better.

In case you have not heard, BJU is canceling their Satellite service. This next year will be the last year it is available. This news has the HomeSat users in an uproar; we all feel we've had the rug pulled out from under us.

They still offer the DVD sets though, as well as their new hardrive option.

AHHH that isn't cool at all well then I better hurry and sell all my 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 10th grade BJU Homesat curriculum ASAP huh?

Well then I wonder then could one sell or buy someones old recorded tapes/dvds after they are no longer offering it?? I don't see why not they would not be competing with the Homesat if it isn't offered for sale right? Darn still kicking myself :banghead: for recording over the Kindergarten tapes I loved how they taught reading and wanted to much to use it for my now kindergarten plus I have been wanting to get my hands on the ABC song she sung with Jesus in it. I can't remember it if anyone knows it the ABC bible song she song please post it.

As for what they are offering now I just personally thing the cost is steep especially since they are not offering payment plans or monthly payments, especially if you have several kids KWIM? Just can't afford it.