Menu

How do you make notebooking happen??

Moxie

Notebooking is one of those individual things that no two will be carried out the same way. You can use pre-made notebooking pages, your own, or a combo. We use a combo and make it more of a scrapbook type notebook. A typical notebook for Science might contain:

*drawings of subject studied and a blurb underneath

*picture of a book assigned for a subject and a narration written under it

*pictures of events or projects with blurbs under them

*an ongoing fact page about a subject we are studying (example would be when we studied Venus. Dd read about Venus then wrote a sentence or two each day she read. There was a title added Venus Facts and pictures drawn if she felt it was needed)

*graphs and charts

*science lab page

*we are learning astronomy so a night time observation journal page is being kept. It has the date, clear or overcast, and something we observed.

You can make a notebook for each subject. Overall a notebook is going to have every thing your child did for the subject in written and picture form.

If you have a blog with notebooking pictures, I'd love to see it!

Notebooking is one of those individual things that no two will be carried out the same way.

I think seeing other people's notebooks actually made it harder for me to learn to notebook. I'm OCD. Most of the pages I saw were too artsy, or premade worksheets that were not quite "right" to my OCD personality that wants it "right".

I tend to focus on a lot of rules, vocabulary and diagrams. I tend to either create/teach rigidly produced handbooks or free for all journals.

First identify your basic personality and teaching style, then look for ideas that match YOUR style. What you admire the most is probably the most difficult to implement.

Setting aside time to make it happen seems to be the most important part of making it happen at our house.

And I needed to accept that what is put into the notebook is very personal. What my dds choose to put in theirs is not usually what I would choose to put into it.