Menu

Mildew issues

So our new rental had a musty smell the day I got the keys. We had a hot summer followed by weeks of rain. We threw out a lot of belongings that developed a mildew/mold growth on them. Yesterday we discovered our camping supplies(tents/tarps) are also covered. It's frustrating.

I begged them to do a mold inspection. The guy came, we talked and I remember what he said to me. I finally asked the realtor place about the report b/c the guy was adamant about putting in a dehumidifier, there was water in the foundation, etc.

The realtor sends me the report today. On it, he said there was no smell, no water in the foundation bricks, and just opening the door would suffice.

:001_huh::confused::glare:

I wonder if he went drinking after he left here and forgot what he saw and said to me?????

I feel like I have no more recourse. We could get a dehumidifier but at our cost. We already threw out so much stuff. I had to buy a new tent for camping this weekend since the old one fell apart when I tried to clean it. How can you look at something, agree there is a problem, and then go report there is nothing? you can see the foundation in the garage is dark in places that is seeping moisture. You can smell it. You can see the mildew on everything in the garage that is fabric! I am so frustrated.

Do you think the attic would be better to store our camping things? It would get the temperature changes but should be drier right?

At this point I should have just rented a house without a garage. :glare: