Menu

For the PSAT tomorrow...

Don't bother with the social at all. It's optional according to college board. My kids have never supplied the number on any PSAT or sat and college board had managed to keep all their scores together under one identity. They use the combo of firstname/lastname/birthdate. The PSAT tests aren't kept at all after scholars are announced.

10th graders can fill out (or not) the same info as everyone else. They just need to make sure they fill out that they are 10th graders so their info is not counted toward the scholarship. I encourage mine to fill out a major IF they think they know the way they are going or to choose undecided if they don't. That way, for colleges that use the info, they might get more directed info.

If you aren't having college material sent/e-mailed, then there is no reason to fill out the other stuff.

The Student ID and/or SSN is ONLY for the school to use and ONLY used for their students. Homeschoolers do not need to fill it out.