Menu

Dry, brown scaly patches on dd's skin

I'd have to see it to make a diagnosis, but one possibility is Tinea Versicolor, which is a cutaneous fungal infection (not contagious). We all have yeast on our skin some people get a chronic over growth. I have seen it in many, many patients over the years. You should get your pedi or derm to check it out, if that is what it is, they usually just prescribe a cream anti-fungal. Sometimes they just tell you to use over the counter Lotrimin, but I would not use it without a consult with the pedi.

You can google it and look at the images. On tanned skin it turns white and on white skin it is brown and it can be scaly.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002436/

Edited by ChiMomNP

I'd have to see it to make a diagnosis, but one possibility is Tinea Versicolor, which is a cutaneous fungal infection (not contagious). We all have yeast on our skin some people get a chronic over growth. I have seen it in many, many patients over the years. You should get your pedi or derm to check it out, if that is what it is, they usually just prescribe a cream anti-fungal. Sometimes they just tell you to use over the counter Lotrimin, but I would not use it without a consult with the pedi.

You can google it and look at the images. On tanned skin it turns white and on white skin it is brown and it can be scaly.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0002436/

Thanks for the info.

I did make an apt. with the ped. this morning, we will see him in a couple of days. :)