Menu

Might be coming back!!

Guest Take2

Although I doubt it will fool anyone looking, I created a separate user account to come back. My posts here on the forums played a prominate roll in my divorce trial - it was horrid. Ironically, they tried to say I "owned" the forum! :lol: But it overall led to me leaving a place that had come to mean sooo much to me, and that makes me sad.

As i'm honestly not sure if "they" are done following me around online, I'm staying incognito for awhile. (if you PM me I will tell you my old user name, and honestly I hope this isn't an issue for the mods. Please PM or email me if it is!)

My Special Needs daughter has been in public school since January 2011, and in Middle School since August. This has been a poor fit for her from the git go... Thankfully her father has finally seen that I wasn't exaggerating the "bad fit" for her, and is as disgusted as I am over today's events. Her self-contained teacher accused her of bringing "little white pills" to take when her blood sugar was messed up. I learned this via EMAIL this morning, and I assumed a classmate made it up. Nope, apparently my daughter told her teacher this. Really? Because she knows she isn't taking any meds for it, and she has never so much as taken chapstick to school. And in this case - her endo is out of town until wednesday and hasn't even addressed it yet. She is "monitor only".

We've had issues the last week over elective changes and not following her IEP and I quite frankly have the feeling that she has it "in" for my daughter at this point.

I meet with the principal and ESE Counselor tomorrow (without the teacher) to address some of it. I don't expect it to go well, and they can't really meet her academic needs anyway.

Soooo, her father has struggled with letting her come home again - and I think this is finally it. So prayers, chants, offerings, crossed fingers, chocolate offerings - or whatever floats your boat, that the meeting "goes" and I am able to withdraw her this week.

I won't lie, it will be a huge step to have her back home. I'm currently a full-time student myself (online) with 9 classes to go, my teen sucks a lot of time with some issues she is having, but i'm willing to work it out to give her the best academic base I can. Thankfully - she hasn't progressed much and I have *most* of the curriculum she will need.

Except reading - which is what I'm off to research!

Anyway, I hope I am back this week - but my gut says that even if I'm not, it won't be long anyway.

Thanks -

T

I am not sure I know who you were before but welcome back :) and :grouphug: for all you have had to deal with. To my knowledge having more than one account is not allowed on the forums but if you contact the moderators I am sure they can straighten this out for you, most likely by cancelling your prior account (or something like that).

I knew it wasn't "cool" with the multiple account thing, I don't want to lose my post history on the other one - I'm just a little gun shy at the moment! LOL!! I'd actually like to go back to being "me", not this incognito person.

No firm answer from her Dad, meeting at the school suggests that we have to choose - "cognitive/social" placement, OR, "academic" placement. WHich is not acceptable to me... if she stays she will have to go on anti-anxiety meds.

I can now safely, and with first hand knowledge, say that public middle school is as horrid as I have been telling people all these years. :lol:

OK. Maybe I will go be me.....