Menu

can someone recomend a good brand of walkie talkies?

My kids got these from Midland last year for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-Consumer-Radio-LXT500VP3-22-Channel/dp/B007B5ZPGG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

They work well for us. I like that they have a base to sit in to charge.

The reviews on Amazon aren't very good but for the most part it looks like people are expecting way too much for $30.

I got ours on Amazon. They are also Motorolla, about $50. Not a toy.

What I was looking for was <$50, durable, rechargeable batteries/pack, waterproof/water resistant (for camping or pool bag), bright color so less easy to lose.

Found many to choose from on Amazon. They will have a range and most of them do great in wilderness/camping/park settings where there are no large buildings to obstruct. And mine do really great in my neighborhood with brick houses. We've never used them in the city though.

My kids got these from Midland last year for Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Midland-Consumer-Radio-LXT500VP3-22-Channel/dp/B007B5ZPGG/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

They work well for us. I like that they have a base to sit in to charge.

The reviews on Amazon aren't very good but for the most part it looks like people are expecting way too much for $30.

what kind of range do these get? It says 24 miles..but I can hardly believe that is true for $30.