Menu

Cross Post: Moby Dick Big Read ...

Fans of Moby Dick or those who've always wanted to read it might be interested in learning about the Moby Dick Big Read in which a chapter is read aloud each day by a different reader.

A New York Times article about the project is here.

"The actress Tilda Swinton and 134 other readers are lending their voices to the “Moby-Dick Big Read,†an online audio version of Herman Melville’s epic novel.

The chapters will be available as free downloads, a new one appearing on the Web site each day until mid-January alongside a related image by a contemporary artist."

The link to the Moby Dick Big Read is here.

Regards,

Kareni

Wow, if I remember this tomorrow, perhaps I'll restart this & actually get through the whole book. As I posted earlier this year (was it this year a number of us were trying to read it on the Book a Week threads or was it last year???). I liked it when in high school, but just couldn't get through it now. However, I might be able to listen to it.

Cool, I found these on iTunes. looks like they will be great fun for my morning walks. I've been wanting to listen to this ever since that ad was on during the Olympics with the distance runner listening to the Iliad and then Moby Dick.

Of course, first I need to finish Northanger Abbey.

At least it gives me something that isn't politics to listen to .