Menu

Property management companies, anyone BTDT?

Any advice?

Just sitting for a minute thinking long term-I'm rolling around the idea of a property management company to deal with a long distance condo. Really restrictive HOA involved on it, wouldn't know the first thing about dealing with getting the place rented out...

Anyone BTDT? I'm not sure if talking to a tax adviser, financial adviser or studying up on how to independently find someone to handle it is the right thing to do first, or scope out those options, choose..or if there's another way to handle it. I don't think doing anything "by owner" is the safest choice at all.

Any advice?

Just sitting for a minute thinking long term-I'm rolling around the idea of a property management company to deal with a long distance condo. Really restrictive HOA involved on it, wouldn't know the first thing about dealing with getting the place rented out...

Anyone BTDT? I'm not sure if talking to a tax adviser, financial adviser or studying up on how to independently find someone to handle it is the right thing to do first, or scope out those options, choose..or if there's another way to handle it. I don't think doing anything "by owner" is the safest choice at all.

My middle daughter is using a property management company to take care of the rental of the condo that she owns. Totally worth it in her case because this is her first rental property and she's learning a lot. The company was recommended to her by a real estate agent (who also happens to be a relative).