Menu

Toddler ideas...

The creativity of my olders has disappeared now that the baby is moving into toddlerhood. They are used to having ample space to spread out and are frustrated to be confined to the table, but we're dealing okay. Now, the toddler is climbing and wants to 'help' them with everything they do.

So I am curious if you have any suggestions. I'd like to keep everyone together, but need a way to keep the toddler out of their hair!

I was trying to do school while my little one napped, but it seems like she's given up her nap (she's barely 2). She was literally climbing all over me as soon as I'd give any one on one attention to her brother. She would take his math manis even if she had her own identical to his. She'd try to write on his paper even when I made her her own copy. Anyway, one day I gave her the iPad....told her she had to use it sitting on the couch. She was entranced. And it's worked quite a few times now! I have high hopes for doing this regularly, but trying not to overdo it either. I'd hate it if it quit working! The only other thing I've had success with is letting her play with a dry erase board. But I have to strip her down to a diaper, because she WILL get it all over herself and it stains horribly. Anyway...good luck!

I was trying to do school while my little one napped' date=' but it seems like she's given up her nap (she's barely 2). She was literally climbing all over me as soon as I'd give any one on one attention to her brother. She would take his math manis even if she had her own identical to his. She'd try to write on his paper even when I made her her own copy. Anyway, one day I gave her the iPad....told her she had to use it sitting on the couch. She was entranced. And it's worked quite a few times now! I have high hopes for doing this regularly, but trying not to overdo it either. I'd hate it if it quit working! The only other thing I've had success with is letting her play with a dry erase board. But I have to strip her down to a diaper, because she WILL get it all over herself and it stains horribly. Anyway...good luck![/quote']

Mine steals the iPad at every possible opportunity. :glare: And the dry erase markers.

I hope someone has some good ideas because we're struggling :(. I tried the iPad today with my three year old but he wasn't interested. What is your two year old playing?

Starfall

Monkey Preschool Lunchbox

Monkey Math

Letter tracing and dot-to-dot apps

Junior Bingo (shapes, letters, numbers)

How to Draw

Cookie Doodle

Sound Touch Lite

Photos of Animals

Baby Sign

Sign Shine

Memory Match