Menu

Kareni: Question about Ebbing Chemistry

I noticed in another thread you used Ebbings Chemistry. I picked up a 7th edition of "General Chemistry" very cheap. Mine is a college level course.

Is this the same one you taught? Where did you get the lab supplies you used? What is your opinion after using the text?

I am long term planning as it will be a few years before we are at that level. My son is very math/science oriented so I'm looking for that will prepare him well for college.

TIA for your help.

Hello Paula,

I believe the Ebbing book my daughter used was the 6th edition. My husband, who taught the course, seemed happy with it. (He has a Ph.D. in Chemistry.) For a lab, we used the MicroChem Kit which includes virtually all the needed supplies for 17 labs. I found the labs a little light but eminently doable.

I think that if your son is willing to give the class his time and attention, it will serve him well for college preparation.

Regards,

Kareni

Thank you very much, that helps.

My ds is only going into 5th and we are doing an elementary chem class this year. He actually cheered when I told him we were doing chemistry.

Thanks for the info on the labs as well, that was one of my concerns. :D