Menu

If you use CLE LA 2

Mom28kds

We are using it with the spelling, and I kind of feel the opposite, like they're on the easier side (I feel this way about the older levels too), but I'm ok with that.

Some of the words from lu 205 are

goose

spoon

glue

fruit

Just to compare, I also have 401 on my desk and some of the words are:

hotel

attend

baggage

compass

travel

Perhaps they start a little challenging for the beginning of 2nd grade, but I don't see a rapid increase in difficulty as the light units progress.

Hope that helps a little

We are using it with the spelling, and I kind of feel the opposite, like they're on the easier side (I feel this way about the older levels too), but I'm ok with that.

Some of the words from lu 205 are

goose

spoon

glue

fruit

Just to compare, I also have 401 on my desk and some of the words are:

hotel

attend

baggage

compass

travel

Perhaps they start a little challenging for the beginning of 2nd grade, but I don't see a rapid increase in difficulty as the light units progress.

Hope that helps a little

CLE revised the LA 2 this year, and I'm not sure if the spelling is different than how it was before. Does anyone know? In the new version, there are 15 words for each section. I like that the rules related to the words are provided in the spelling section boxes. I think the words are appropriate for my 2nd grader. I was surprised that there were 15, though. That seems like a bit much.

HTH,

Kathy