Menu

I need a bit of pregnancy advice from those with Prolasped Bladders

After giving birth to my third child, I developed a moderate bladder prolapse. Enough that I could wear a pessary if it wasn't so darn uncomfortable. The thing is I REALLY want to have another baby, as does my husband. I'm wondering if anyone else had a prolapsed bladder and then went on to have a normal healthy pregnancy and postpartum with no further damage. This is really weighing on my mind. :confused:

For Uterine prolapse (probably bladder too) I wore a pessary with my second pregnancy. On my third pregnancy I tried going without it and ended up having to drive into the doctor's office and get catheterized (sp?). I usually only needed it for the first trimester. I didn't notice any huge lasting difference comparing after my second or third. You never know though. That's life- no guarantees. My second pregnancy was preemie twins, my third pregnancy was a full-term healthy baby but the doctor put me on bedrest for a month or two.

If it is too uncomfortable is it possible to look into a different style or getting the size checked. I had trouble gettting it to stay in and would have to readjust a few times a day as it tended to slip out.

For Uterine prolapse (probably bladder too) I wore a pessary with my second pregnancy. On my third pregnancy I tried going without it and ended up having to drive into the doctor's office and get catheterized (sp?). I usually only needed it for the first trimester. I didn't notice any huge lasting difference comparing after my second or third. You never know though. That's life- no guarantees. My second pregnancy was preemie twins, my third pregnancy was a full-term healthy baby but the doctor put me on bedrest for a month or two.

If it is too uncomfortable is it possible to look into a different style or getting the size checked. I had trouble gettting it to stay in and would have to readjust a few times a day as it tended to slip out.

Thanks so much for responding! I will eventually talk to my doctor before I go ahead with any decisions. I'm glad to know that someone went through it and was able to manage it.

I just wanted to say, I have a stage 2 bladder prolapse and a stage 3 uterine prolapse. I didn't even know that I had a bladder prolapse until last week when I went in to the OB/GYN to get my uterine prolapse checked out (I knew about that one. It's been getting worse since my second birth. My fourth child is currently 15 months old).

I would say that with my uterine prolapse, it's been getting only marginally worse with each birth since my second one. The ob/gyn said that I *could* have another pregnancy and birth the way it is safely.

I don't know if that helps you at all, but it is my experience :).