Menu

Dr. Hive Got Chiropractic Adjustment and now have hives

What is my body telling me? I have been suffering from stress (I've been clenching my jaw now for 5 weeks and have neck pain). The chiropractor thought my lymph nodes were a bit swollen and I got an adjustment which has made my neck feel great, but about 3 hours later, I started breaking out in hives. I am now a giant mass of rash and hives. Nothing else has changed. What is going on?!?!

Beth

Probably a release of toxins from the adjustment. I would take some Benedryl and keep an eye on it. I had a similar reaction after a rather stressful situation and I had never before broke out in hives. My research led me to believe it was a stress mechanism and can be a result of toxin build-ups that are released when the stress passes or other changes (such as a massage or adjustment.) Just be sure it wasn't something new you ate or a reaction to a bug sting/bite. Keep an eye on things!

Probably a release of toxins from the adjustment. I would take some Benedryl and keep an eye on it. I had a similar reaction after a rather stressful situation and I had never before broke out in hives. My research led me to believe it was a stress mechanism and can be a result of toxin build-ups that are released when the stress passes or other changes (such as a massage or adjustment.) Just be sure it wasn't something new you ate or a reaction to a bug sting/bite. Keep an eye on things!

:iagree: I've gotten hives under similar circumstances (it's actually fairly common for me to get them a couple times a year, more when I was pregnant and nursing). Hope they pass quickly.