Menu

Quick! Supper help

If a recipe calls for 2 tbs of cider or red wine vinegar, can I substitute balsamic vinegar? I don't have cider or rwv.

If it matters, it's sausage w/ caramalized onion and apples. I'm planning on slicing the sausage (pre cooked) and warming it w/ the onions and apples.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/grilled-sausages-with-caramelized-onions-and-apples/detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Title&e8=Quick%20Search&event10=1&e7=Home%20Page

ETA: Need a plan C. I don't have balsamic either. I thought I did, but can't find it. I have vinegar, various fruit juice, and lemons! :P

Edited by Unicorn

I'd probably go for some lemon juice instead of the vinegar. Yum, used to love Dutch "pannekoeken" w/ apples, sugar, and loads of lemon juice. Good luck whatever you do! You can also totally leave it out.

Thank you! This is exactly what I did. Dh loved it and immediately put it high on the rotation list. We did decide to reduce the sugar next time, as it turned out a bit sweet. Poor ds didn't hear us call him for dinner, and barely got any- his sisters hit it hard. :D