Menu

Pics to share - new for this year!

Here's a couple things we are trying new this year...thought I'd share via pictures!

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2012/09/our-morning-board.html

http://seasonsoflearning.blogspot.com/2012/09/homeschool-trivia-game.html

(still looking for category suggestions - posted in a separate posts with our current list)

I hadn't updated my blog in a year, so expect a bit of dust and cobwebs :lol:

Nice! Your kids will remember it.

I did something similar with my boys. I placed one in front of each so they couldn't see the other then start to chat.;). I personalized them with spelling words they commonly misspelled, phinics rules, favorite science concepts, grammar, even diagramming, memorization, important dates, even letters written in cursive for my younger one. It definitely helped to keep them more focused!

• 2 weeks later...
Nice! Your kids will remember it.

I did something similar with my boys. I placed one in front of each so they couldn't see the other then start to chat.;). I personalized them with spelling words they commonly misspelled, phinics rules, favorite science concepts, grammar, even diagramming, memorization, important dates, even letters written in cursive for my younger one. It definitely helped to keep them more focused!

LOVE the homeschool trivia!!!

Thank you Denise! Since we go over it 5 days in a row, I was hoping they would!

They love the trivia game!

I may have to copy your game board. Very cute!

Great! We enjoy it. It takes me a bit longer to create the questions than I expected but we are working out the quirks. One thing I knew right off was that I needed to write the $ amount on the question card or else I pull it out and forget where it came from. I used plain index cards and slide them in longways.

Do you, by any chance, have a link to the CM "I can..." quotes?

We adapted the quotes for our own home as follows...

I am...

a child of God, a gift to my parents and my country. I am a person of significant value because God made me.

I can...

do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I can choose to rejoice and find goodness in each day that the Lord gives.

I ought...

to do my duty to honor God, to obey to my parents, to be a blessing to others, and to keep my mind and body healthy so that I am ready to serve.

I will...

resolve to choose what's right - to walk the narrow path. I am responsible for governing my own thoughts, words, actions, and behavior.

The original wording and another similar adaptation can be found on Ambleside.

I love both of your boards. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you! :D