Menu

Dissection questions - with 2 students...

I think 2 students should be able to share a specimen. My dc have done dissection labs at different times, so they have each gotten their own, but in high school and college, I was always in a group. Even in A&P two of us shared a dog.

Just have them take turns with the responsibilities for cutting, retracting, identifying etc.

Guest BookShopLady

We did this last year as a co-op. Two kids per kit seemed to be the best fit! I think I had more fun than anyone. When I took this class at the public schools twenty years ago, I had to share with 2 other kids and never got to do the fun work myself. Just observed. Bummer.

I think 2 students should be able to share a specimen. My dc have done dissection labs at different times, so they have each gotten their own, but in high school and college, I was always in a group. Even in A&P two of us shared a dog.

Just have them take turns with the responsibilities for cutting, retracting, identifying etc.

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

Although two students can share one specimen, you might want to order one for each for two reasons. First, we found some variance in the specimens as we dissected 4 - 5 different specimens: one had a better this, another had a better example of that and sometimes, the a student team would make a mistake and cut right through something they were supposed to see. So having more than one example to show the class was very helpful. Not necessary, but helpful.

Second, though my students worked in teams, I found that one always did the majority of the work. Since you only have 2 and not a roomful, it might be easier to make sure they share the cutting, peeling, pinning, etc. :tongue_smilie:

Lisa