Menu

Jury Duty update

The lady finally returned my call today and when I said I had two children at home she was just silent, but then I said I home school and she immediately said I could be excused for that reason and to mail her a letter. :001_smile:

I mailed that letter yesterday, lol!!!

I wish I had just asked why she never answers that phone and takes days to return calls.....

so now I wait for a letter saying I am excused before the court date to appear.

:party:

In New York they expect you to show up at the courthouse if you are called and it is next to impossible to get out of it.Having young children,not having a baby sitter, and hsing are not allowed excuses.They might excuse you later for any variety of reasons.You can ask for a 6 month extension but they will call you back at the end of that 6 months.At least it gives you time to make childcare arrangements or whatever.I was 8 months pregnant the first time I was notified to go if my number was called.It wasn't.I did go the second time.If you do have to go in though you won't get called again for another 9 years.